Thursday, November 12, 2020

DIY Perler Bead Gift Tags

 

For how many months does one have to endure cabin fever before they get the idea to make personalized, reusable gift tags?

Just about eight, apparently!

But think about the time that it'll save me, not having to create and write out a brand-new gift tag every time I wrap a gift! Perhaps as much as five minutes at a time, depending on how much effort I would have put in!

Will and I were noodling around with Perler beads the other day and I was schooling her on everything Britney Spears (#FreeBritney, y'all) when I made these particular gift tags. I really wanted them to be round, but figuring out how to do an initial on the circle peg board is hella tricky!

Here's my S:

W is much easier, mostly because it can also be M!

Each gift tag also needs a hole for threading ribbon through, but if you need a Perler bead creation to stand up to wear and tear, it's best not to leave just a single row to support it. Two rows of Perler beads between the hole and the edge of the tag ought to do just fine!


You've also got to iron a Perler bead creation a little harder if you want it to be more than just a decoration. Some people only like the look of barely-ironed Perler beads with the holes nearly perfect, but it's got to be smooshed quite a bit more to make a gift tag that will last for the next forever years:


Not gonna lie, Perler beads are kind of tedious, so after Will bailed all I did was finish out my set:

I LOVE them, but I'm also going to be on the lookout for a MUCH quicker and less tedious method to make more reusable gift tags.

Because, you know, let's not even think about how many gift tags I'd have to write over the next however many years before I've saved myself time by making these babies!

Here are the Perler bead supplies that I used:

blah

No comments: