The pre-shirred fabric purchase was a mistake. A strawberry print, I found it in the remnants bin at 75% off due to a little stain near one edge, and thought that it was a plain quilting cotton. The shirred ends were folded to the inside, so it wasn't until we got back home and I unwrapped the fabric that I saw that it was that same type of pre-shirred fabric that I often see and always think would make a sweet and simple sundress for my Sydney, but never buy because I know how to shirr fabric on my own sewing machine, only I never do, so how lucky to have a perfect length of that pre-shirred fabric in my hands at the price of only a couple of dollars and one load of wash with Oxy Clean!
One wiggly-girl measurement and one clean-finished seam later--
If it's good enough to rollerblade in, then it's good enough for me!