.jpg)
But mostly because it brings me JOY!
One of my kids low-key makes fun of my "bunting personality," because I genuinely DO just love a bunting.
I dunno, y'all. They're just so pleasant. And cheerful! And I like making them. And that's all the explanation I feel like is needed.
And that same kid does also give me bunting ideas, so it evens out the mocking.
Anyway, the peace flags that I used to have on the front porch finally rotted away (does that mean that there's peace now orrr...?), and I got the idea to replace them with something that wouldn't decompose like a metaphorical representation of our imminently pre-apocalyptic society, sigh.
And I guess also with something that wouldn't say "PEACE", ahem, but whatever. Y'all know I only hung those peace flags up in the first place because they looked like a bunting.
I didn't want to have to buy anything new for this project, but the beauty of owning too much stuff is that you always have stuff on hand to make other stuff, so my partner in crime cut down quite a lot of our scrap wood (but don't worry--we somehow still have quite a lot of scrap wood!)--I feel like some painted barn quilt blocks in different sizes would look so nice there. Time to see if I can sneak in just one more family project before the little kid goes back to college!
P.S. Want to follow along with my craft projects, books I'm reading, road trips to weird old cemeteries, looming mid-life crisis, and other various adventures on the daily? Find me on my Craft Knife Facebook page!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment