Thursday, July 28, 2022

My Latest over at Pumpkin+Bear: The Cutest Custom-Color Doll Masks

Even after I stopped selling real-person fabric masks in my Pumpkin+Bear etsy shop (I switched the kids and I over to these, and Matt prefers this style in whatever brand is cheapest), I keep making and selling doll masks, because:

  1. People still want to buy them from me, and I do enjoy exchanging my goods and services for currency.
  2. Even though I think a lot of people have also switched to high-quality manufactured masks, if you want a mask for your doll, you're still going to need someone to make it for you by hand. 
  3. They're ADORABLE.
Number 3, of course, is the most important reason. 

Here's a cute matching set that I made a few weeks ago:


And here's my latest order of custom-color doll masks! My favorite part of making these masks is seeing what color combinations people choose. This particular customer, for instance, chose these fabrics--

--along with these ties:


And when I sewed them together in the requested combinations, I got these adorable doll masks!


That watermelon mask is the cutest mask that currently exists in the world. 

And here's how I package my masks to go out and about into that world!


If you are a sewer, yourself, I do have the entire
doll mask tutorial for free on my blog. It's the responsibility of all of us to keep our dolls healthy!

I've gotten out of the habit of sewing matching items for my own kids' American Girl dolls, since I'm the only one who plays with them these days (ahem), but I'm pretty sure that I DO need to make another couple of watermelon doll masks.

And obviously, if I'm going to make watermelon doll masks, I clearly have to make both dolls entire watermelon outfits to match!

No comments: