I've been wanting to make a second one of these, since we love this one so much. For some reason I always have it in my head to make two copies of our favorite handmade home items, like buntings and scrapbooks and holiday decorations, so that my kids don't fight over them when I'm dead.
If I don't get around to it, though, I guess they could always just take turns!
decorating the leaf mermaid skirt
Whatever that is. The kid seems to know, and that's all that matters.
There were a few weeks when I was pregnant with the big kid when mealtime for me consisted of two giant pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, washed down with a giant glass of milk. I would die now before I would drink an entire glass of plain milk, but anyway it tickles me to see her baking her own batches of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
cutting out cardstock autumn leaf decorations
My favorite part of these decorations is that I don't have to take them down until after Thanksgiving.
And, of course, there's the pumpkin patch, and the jack-o'-lantern pumpkins and pie pumpkins that we got there, there are the heirloom Funkins that the kids carved again this year, there's making vampire fangs for the big kid out of a plastic fork, and the men's basketball scrimmage with trick-or-treating and a costume parade, there's the colored and cut out Halloween bunting, the children's Halloween concert with a local children's musician who's also a local-local children's musician since he lives in the neighborhood and the kids trick-or-treat from him each year, and the mummy dogs tonight for dinner.
Oh, and TOMORROW's Halloween. The party continues, my friends!
P.S. Want to follow along with my craft projects, books I'm reading, road trips to weird old cemeteries, looming mid-life crisis, and other various adventures on the daily? Find me on my Craft Knife Facebook page!




No comments:
Post a Comment