Monday, March 15, 2021

Girl Scout Cookie Recipes: Samoa Cheesecake

 

In between selling over 1,500 Girl Scout cookies so far this season, Will has been helping me with the other project that I always start to crave at the first of every year: making recipes using Girl Scout cookies!

This Samoa Cheesecake is literally just a traditional cheesecake recipe with a food processor full of Samoa cookies substituted for graham crackers. I think I overbaked the crust and therefore made the caramel in the cookies pretty stiff, but otherwise they were a perfect substitute:

I had intended to top the cheesecake with dried coconut flakes and drizzled caramel, but as you can see, people started digging in before I got to it!

Cheesecake is my favorite dessert, but this is the first time I have ever made it myself--for some reason, I had it in my head that cheesecakes are fiddly and difficult to make, but this cheesecake was super easy! It wasn't too sweet, although next time I'll DEFINITELY add the coconut and caramel, because "too sweet" isn't actually a problematic descriptor for me. The Samoa crust was chewy due to the caramel, and it was VERY yum. 

Want to make more recipes using Girl Scout cookies? A few years ago, I created a whole list of Girl Scout cookie recipes!

No comments: