Friday, May 29, 2015

I Let My Kids Drive the Lawnmower

Which I already know quite well that I am not supposed to do, so consider this one of my frequent "don't try this at home" posts.

But look how HAPPY it makes them!





This one may not have been as desperate to drive as her sister, but she certainly was NOT going to be left out. This child, left out of something? No, sir, no way. She'll take her turn driving as soon as she can get it, thank you very much, and her turn had just better be just as long as her sister's:

Will actually weighs enough to trigger the dead man's switch (when did my baby grow up?!?), and so now has ongoing permission to drive the lawnmower all by herself in the flat part of our backyard property, as long as she wears her bicycle helmet (fat lot of good that will probably do, but it makes me feel better to know that at least she's avoiding catastrophic head trauma) and I'm out there to supervise.

And yes, yesterday we DID discuss what kind of car she was getting for her sixteenth birthday. My answer?

Partial ownership of the family minivan, duh.

But what she doesn't know yet is that I drove my parents' old Lincoln Towncar when I was a teen, and I can tell you that as a teenager, having a roomy car is the BEST. THING. EVER.

Get your minds out of the gutter, Friends. It was so I could take all my friends to Sonic!

At least, that's where I told Mammaw and Pappaw that I was going...

1 comment:

Kristina Cobb said...

I think you’ve found a way to make lawn mowing fun, if not adorable! And that’s a great looking mower, by the way. You'll just have to minimize and regulate these rides though, since this might put too much weight and pressure on the mower. But then again, this might make them keen to mowing the lawn themselves – with you supervising, of course. Cheers!

Kristina Cobb @ Denny's Lawn