Friday, July 26, 2013

From a Friend's Farm

When we have our own hobby farm/house on five acres one day, I want it, too, to have a creek within walking distance:


I might not want dwarf goats, but I'm not going to rule it out, either:


This is why:

Cute baby goats (+1). Milking their mamas twice a day (-1). Drinking fresh, free milk (+1). Keeping goats fed and watered and housed and clean (-many more than 1). Free lawn care and weed control (+1). Wethering the boy goat using that rubber band speculum thingy that my friend showed me (-1).

I've got some time to think of more plusses before we finally get our hobby farm one day, fortunately.

2 comments:

Tina said...

So freaking cute! And yes, a creek is a must. We have friends in Iowa who have some woods and a creek running through their property. So awesome to let the kids (they have 5, plus my one) run around and explore.

Though I am still a hover mom enough to look out the window every few minutes.

julie said...

This particular creek is probably a little on the epic side--I want a shallow paddling creek, with minnows, geodes, perhaps the occasional crinoid fossil, maybe enough depth to sail a toy boat, but nothing to drown in unless you really tried.

Heck, I'd probably never see the girls indoors again if we had something like that in our yard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails