Friday, November 22, 2013

Apples at Anderson Orchard

We finally made it to the apple orchard! Our belated adventure was made much better by the fact of the unseasonably beautiful November day, and the presence of Matt, experiencing his inaugural trip.



Turns out that Daddy has his uses!

Have you ever seen a bigger apple?





Syd actually took this excellent photo of us. It's probably been 18 months since our last photo together.



Matt took this photo of me. I'm always pleasantly surprised when someone wants to take my camera and put ME in a shot!
This is what Will's hair looks like in direct sunlight. Spun gold, I tell her.
An entire enormous haystack to play upon, and *this* is what they decide to do for fun.




All that happiness in the day, AND we came home with two bushels of apples.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Those apples were huge!

I miss the pick-your-own-fruit place that was just 5 miles from our house in Iowa. Some of the best apples, blueberries, and raspberries we ever had.

Will Syd be making anything with the apples? Applesauce is pretty kid friendly.

julie said...

Apples, blueberries, and raspberries--yum! It reminds me of that poem "Goblin Market." I actually streamed that poem on Spotify for the girls a few days ago, because I adore it and it's about goblins, but as we were listening, I kept thinking, "Oh, I'd forgotten how sexy this poem is!" Oops!

I *should* have Syd make applesauce, you're right! I've made applesauce by the bushel in the past couple of weeks. I don't think I'm even going to make apple chips this year, because there's no way to make as much applesauce as the girls would eat in a year.

Tina said...

Applesauce is so underrated! I make it, we love it, I freeze it then we totally forget about it. Once I realize I have a bunch still in the freezer we are all happy campers :0)

Next year I will make lots more applesauce. Our new neighbors have an apple tree and gifted us with a crate full of apples when we first moved here. So looking forward to helping them eat their apples next year as well!