Friday, April 8, 2011

Fairy Candles

The girls LOVE to make rolled beeswax candles almost as much as they love to light them and gaze at them and blow them out and re-light them and otherwise goof around with fire and warm wax.

Clearly, these activities require adult supervision (although the girls can roll their candles perfectly well, I use an x-acto knife to cut the beeswax sheets to size for them), so I tend to be spending a lot of time these days hanging out at the big wooden table, many gorgeous sheets of brightly-colored beeswax in front of me.

A girl's gotta keep herself entertained, you know?

That creative time has resulted in a few candles for utility, but mostly candles for fun--lots and lots of candles for future birthdays, and lots and lots of candles for the girls' imaginative play. They're especially entranced by their new tiny fairy candles, a few sets of which I've listed in my pumpkinbear etsy shop:
  
 
 
I'm assuming that the fairies don't mind sharing their treasures with a couple of enchanting little children, don't you think?

1 comment:

Homeschool family said...

I ADORE those rainbow candles.