Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Latest over at Crafting a Green World: Infused Vinegar and Rustic Weddings



These infused vinegars are something that I've been doing for quite a while, and it's really fun. Now whenever I've got something a little strange in the pantry--the rest of the package of whole cloves that I'm pretty sure has already sat on the shelf for a year, yet another batch of peppermint thinned from the garden after I've already filled an entire gallon jar with dried peppermint--I look it up to see if it has any disinfecting or other cleaning properties, and if it does, then I infuse it into a Mason jar of vinegar. The jars look pretty, and they can basically sit out at room temperature until I want them. It's a double win!

We're actually swimming in clementines right now, so one of my goals for the day--along with making a couple of etsy orders, writing lesson plans, and finishing an excellent book that I started last night and then didn't want to put down for bed--is to start a half-gallon jar to infuse clementine vinegar. 

Sitting on the windowsill, facing the outside that tomorrow will reach 9 degrees at the HIGHEST, the jar of orange-hued vinegar at least *looks* sunny.

No comments: