Friday, January 21, 2011

My New Kitchen Aid

My mother-in-law, noticing that I cook with the girls nearly every day (and also, likely, noticing that the recipes that I cook with the girls are inevitably shockingly elaborate, outrageously messy, and have had a seriously detrimental effect on the state of my kitchen and my emotional health), took pity on me and bought me a new toy for Christmas:
Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that RuleI have owned my new Kitchenaid mixer for approximately five days now, and so far the girls and I have used it to make vegan strawberry cake, four loaves of bread dough, and the vanilla cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, complete with the vegan "buttercream" frosting, also made with my new Kitchenaid mixer:
Yum:
Yum!
and YUM!!!!!!!
This afternoon, my Kitchenaid and I are going to mix up some meringue, because baked Alaska doesn't just bake itself, you know.

5 comments:

The AfterCraft said...

Oh yes.. I got a kitchen aid last summer.. it was life altering!!

I've been making whipped shortbread.. think.. cotton candy meets cookies... YUM

Don't they just rock?

julie said...

Cotton candy meets cookies?!? I am absolutely going to make whipped shortbread now.

Stephanie said...

woohoo!!

I've had mine for... two years maybe?... and I lovelovelove it. :)
I use it more than anything else. 'Cept the dishwasher. :D

nadia said...

im actually planning on buying a kitchen aid.. any advice ? I cant seem to decide on the color? Tilt head? stainless steel or glass bowl? Do you still love it? :)

julie said...

I still LOVE IT! I use my Kitchen Aid at least 3-4 times a week, often more--breads, muffins, eggs, play dough, you name it. I even use it for stuff that I really don't need it for, but it just mixes so much better than I do by hand that I've gotten spoiled for it.

Mine was a gift, so I didn't decide on any of that stuff, but I do like my tilt head, and I'm quite fond of my stainless steel bowl, and if I ever found a second bowl or paddles or other accessories at a secondhand store, I'd snap them up!