Wednesday, October 7, 2026

I Just Want You To Admire All My Wool Felt Mini Quilt Blocks

I genuinely have nothing relevant to say about them. Just, I was feeling sad and anxious after dropping my kid off at college, which is a totally normal way to feel but is also unpleasant and just generally sucks, and for whatever reason, spending a few evenings listening to a scary-ass podcast about the dangers of meditation while gluing together itty bitty quilt blocks literally fixed my life. Like, the colors and patterns are pleasing to look at and satisfying to organize, getting them precisely cut and precisely into place required a lot of enjoyable concentration and left me with a comfy feeling of mastery, and the project as a whole was absorbing enough to distract me from worrying that my kid forgot her Woozoo and thinks her Intermediate Macroeconomics class will be hard and also she lives 12 hours away now.

Y'all, did I just diagnose myself with autism?

Whatever. Please just look at how pretty these wool felt mini quilt blocks are.

Shoofly, from the book 5,500 Quilt Block Designs



Red Cross


Nine Patch


Snowball


Friendship Star


Eccentric Star


Bear Paw



Fun anecdote: I sent the kid a pic of some of these quilt blocks, because living 12 hours away doesn't free someone from having me yap at them constantly, and she replied, "They're so cute! Are they coasters?"

I had to be all, "Lol! They're 1.5" square!"

Instead, I made them into a banner:

Actually, coasters for American Girl dolls would nicely intertwine with my other perimenopausal, possibly autistic hobby...

P.S. Want to follow along with my craft projects, books I'm reading, road trips to weird old cemeteries, looming mid-life crisis, and other various adventures on the daily? Find me on my Craft Knife Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment