Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Latest: Bookmarks, Play Dough, and Reusable Tri-Folds

My tutorials on Crafting a Green World this week all came from projects that I had to do, anyway. I made another couple of batches of rainbow play dough for an etsy order, reminding me that I'd never before shared my fool-proof play dough recipe on CAGW:

My secret ingredient is powdered tempera. It makes the play dough as vivid as a crayon and as light as fluff.
Helping the children prepare for their Girl Scout cookie booths, I also realized that I'd never shared the long-promised tutorial to make the reusable chalkboard tri-fold display boards that we rely so much on for so many things:



As part of their Girl Scout cookie booth, the kids wanted to make bookmarks from old cookie boxes to give away as "prizes" to customers who bought at least five boxes of cookies, and their bookmarks turned out so cute that I posted them!


I'm pretty impressed with myself that I managed to whip out THREE tutorials during one of my busiest weeks.

Next week, I've got round-ups in the works for rainbow crafts for St. Patrick's Day and train-themed crafts just because, and maybe, just maybe, I'll have another leotard or cape-related tute, because although I've been deeply focused on Girl Scout cookie business so far this month, I MUST buckle down on the kids' Trashion/Refashion Show garments--I've only got a couple of weeks left to get them done, photographed, and submitted!!!

No comments: