It was a happy coincidence, then, that the first thing that Willow did on Monday morning, on the first day of our mini Fall Break, was pull out a game to play with me!
|Professor Noggin's Pets|
We played Professor Noggin, Connect Four, and Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego? all before 9:00 am (yawn!).
|researching what Carmen meant when she said that Ohio's state flag is a burgee|
|Othello is one of my favorites.|
--and returning, as well, to favorite games:
|Willow LOVES Professor Noggin!|
Specifically, here's what I'd like to obtain:
- math games that practice operations and computation
- logic games
- games that reinforce facts about ancient history, especially the material from Story of the World
- geography games that reinforce facts about the United States
- science games related to the study of human biology
- Latin games
- trivia games at a child's level
I'll be on the lookout--and open to suggestions!--for the next two weeks, because a secretly educational but legitimately fun game for each kid would certainly be something nice to have under the Christmas tree!