Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Superman Colored Pencil Roll

I used to make colored pencil rolls only out of flannel, because I love the feel of it, but lately I've been enjoying make pencil rolls out of vintage sheets, like this super-sweet fangeek Superman colored pencil roll that I have up in my pumpkinbear etsy shop:
 
 
 
 
I'm not a giant fan of the expression on Syd's face in that last photo, and I would have reshot it immediately, but as soon as I snapped that photograph, my camera died on me.

The camera has died before, most notably at Niagara Falls last year, but it's finally reached the point at which it's so elderly that sending it off to be repaired, especially for the second time in less than a year, would be at least as expensive as purchasing a newer model. Add to that the fact that I've only had the use of about half the focal length for my lens for the past year, so it needs to be repaired, too, and you'll understand why we're now waiting until we get our tax refund before we fix the kitchen floor, because Matt used our kitchen floor budget to surprise me with the Canon T2i Rebel, whose imminent arrival I await with bated breath.

Farewell, Canon Digital Rebel. I will always love you.

No comments: