--and a vastly greater majority of the day and evening snuggled up in a blanket on my lap, glassy-eyed and flushed, dripping popsicles and juice all down my front. I'm a sucker for this kid when she's a sickie, on account of she's the one who's spent her life trying harder to break my heart than the other little bruiser has, but still...when I look with longing across the room and fantasize about getting up to clean off the table and give it a good scrubbing? Momma could use a break.
If I had managed to get anything done today (which I didn't), here is what I would have chosen from:
- book proposal revision: heavily edit, redo one tutorial using a different fabric, redesign, solicit proofreaders, possibly solicit expert contributions
- Craftster Read to Me Mommy swap: finish travel felt board scene (with monogrammed carrying bag?), think up and create one more small craft to go with it
- sock monkey baby bag: sew it up and send it off to Barefoot Kids
- Montessori Parents' Library: prep for my meeting tomorrow (at 7:45 in the freakin' morning!), make signage
- school Valentines: crayon hearts this year?
- thank-you note to Aunt Peggy: dear god, she sent the girls a generous present for Christmas, and what have I sent her in return? Bupkiss!
- Valentine's gifties to little cousins (on account of I ran out of time to send them Christmas gifties): stuffed cousin dolls and something else...hmm, hmm, hmmm...
- Valentine's giftie to aunt and uncle (same reason): red wine jelly?
- Valentine's giftie to Matt's brother (crap, this is getting bad): decorated picture frames a la little girls
- Fair of the Arts application: three pics and some rhetoric
Perhaps the baby will feel well enough tomorrow to lie in bed and watch Land Before Time all day.