--instead of what I'm currently gazing at, which is, in essence, you guys I suppose, so take that as you will--hee!
I wrote up my New Year's Resolutions on the car ride home in my newest and most bestest friend ever (although I took a hefty break around St. Louis to fiddle with and curse Matt's new GPS thingie--you'd think it would know that one whole damn highway has been closed for three months and help us navigate AROUND it to get to Whole Foods, but no, it's all "Take that one highway! No, seriously, take that one particular highway!" Grrr). Here is where I stand:
- Be healthier (Subpoint #1 Exercise every day. Subpoint #2 Limit junk food). As far as Subpoint #1, I actually did start yesterday this one-month membership at Curves that I won in a silent auction, um...last February? Curves? Is awesome! As far as Subpoint #2, my partner (who's not necessarily still at his beginning-of-our-relationship fighting weight, either) keeps buying orange rolls and frozen pizzas--I don't think he got the memo.
- Work on book proposals, magazine submissions, and self-published project how-tos. Yep, wouldn't it be nice if I could write AND craft, all at the same time? I enjoyed writing my piece for Craft magazine so super-much that it got the little hamster in my head running overtime on its little hamster-wheel of ideas.
- Keep a clean house (Subpoint #1 Everything organized. Subpoint #2 Everything neat. Subpoint #3 Everything clean). Yeah, y'all who know me, or at least who have seen certain self-revelatory photos of my study, are laughing your asses off right now, I know, but it's a dream of mine! And just today Matt and I went through all kinds of marital discord trying to agree on fabric storage and an additional table in my study (update: we did NOT agree), and I bought the girls each their own miniature whisk broom, dustpan, and spray bottle for vinegar water. Maybe some work will finally get done around here.
- Keep working on craft fairs, etsy, and blogging. Cause maybe some day the whole "for fun AND profit" thing will apply to them.
- Do something good for Matt every week. On account of I heard somewhere that you're not actually supposed to take your husband for granted all the time..........whatever.
- Decorate the house really cool. I totally want to be one of those people whose house looks really creative and awesome, with surprising yet beautiful paint colors and whimsical little touches and stuff. And while we were at the Re-store today, Matt would not let me buy the aisle of theater seats OR the bank of apartment mailboxes--you see what I'm trying to work with here?
- Teach the girls every day. I like to make more work for myself, so even though Will attends a half-day preschool, I still feel the need to make their homelife enriching and creative and attentive to all their mental and physical needs--I'm a part-time homeschooler.
- Get really, really good at DanceDanceRevolution. Cause that counts as exercise, right?