Monday, September 29, 2008

Strange Folk Sunday

The second day of a two-day craft fair isn't quite as awesome as the first day--the excitement's worn off, and it's less busy, with more sightseers out for a wholesome Sunday activity than super-excited handmade fangeeks looking for the next big thing. Instead of only having one thousand people looking at the record bowls and asking, "How do you make these?" or joking "I bet they don't play anymore!" or berating you with "That's a fine thing to do to a good record!" you have two thousand people doing the same. It's still a fun experience, but somehow it's WAY more tiring than the first day was.


But while I was trudging through Day Two, Matt and the girls hit the St. Louis Science Center and the St. Louis Zoo (and yes, I was also bummed that I couldn't go, too!). The St. Louis Science Center is always a top spot on account of the giant anamatronic dinosaurs, but guess what the family found at a special exhibit at the St. Louis Zoo?



Dinosaurs!!!

Such a lucky day.

Today it's back to the grind--freshman comp papers to grade, grocery shopping to do, kid to drop off and then pick up again from preschool, meals to cook and trash to pick up. On the plus side, I've got some #6 plastic, and me and the kiddos are going to make ourselves some Shrinky Dinks!

1 comment:

Abby said...

So cool for Willow!!! We are going to St. Louis (the kids and I with my parents) to visit my brother at Wash U and we'll be hitting up the zoo, and hopefully the science center as well!!!

Glad you had a good time. I still want to buy a record bowl from you! I want to get one for my brother for xmas.

Welcome home.